Friday, November 23, 2007

Don’t Fuck This Up Australia

Today’s post in an important one for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it marks 100 posts (who better to raise the bat on our behalf than Boony) since this whole crazy affair began back in September 06. It’s a milestone I wasn’t expected to reach given that precious few share my core belief that I’m actually going to be President one day. Second of all, this is my last chance before tomorrow’s vote to urge you all to get rid of Howard – a job that I sincerely hope that you’re up to.

In review, it’s been an epic 100 posts, during which we’ve managed to cover off on plenty of big issues. Most passionately, I have sought to emphasise the necessity of the separation of church and state (a point crystallised by my preferred evolutionary biologist, Richard Dawkins) though that is the tip of a growing iceberg. This Administration has also been outspoken on the persecution of the gay community (and the suppression of gay marriage), the taboo nature of euthanasia, our societies reluctance to donate their organs and whenever possible, the ineptitude of the United Nations. Closer to home, my Chief of staff was scathing in his condemnation of Bogans and our public transport quagmire alike. Most recently, questions of torture, racism and the coolness of Anti-flag have consumed our thinking – until giving way to the Kevin 07 juggernaut.

Squinting through the tears of nostalgia, that brings me to my next point: It’s Time. After 11 years of Howard’s erosion of public services, xenophobia, war mongering and arrogance we finally again have the opportunity to do something about it. We’ve had our chances in the past, and squandered them – only adding to the smugness with which we are governed. Tomorrow as you ready for the polls I want you to think back of the decade passed: the public services lost, the widening gap between rich and poor and the complete mismanagement of our foreign policy. I need you concentrate all your rage into a bitter little ball and release it in the form of a non-liberal vote (better stick with Greens if you’re not a Labor fan – the Dems are dead in the water). If you love your President at all you will heed my call, and elect anyone but Howard (until, you prove otherwise – you’re all on notice).

In closing, I want to thank my loyal readers for their continued support – you are the people in the forest that hears my tree fall - so that I know that it makes a sound. I pledge to be here in 100 more posts time, and to continue questing for the Presidency. Just make sure you do me one favour in the meantime: don’t fuck up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Chief of Staff said...

It's been an honour to be part of your administration, Mr. President.