Monday, October 02, 2006

Long Weekend

The long weekend may have stalled the momentum of my posting, but the pursuit of the presidency never rests. While I wasn't asked to give a lame speech at the AFL breakfast, nor to look like an awkward tool on the NRL podium - I was immersed in finals fever. Having some concept of our national sports puts me ahead of 99% of our current leadership, and I look forward to a day when the good public don't have to cringe when the PM gets near a moving ball. The footage of little Johnny trying to bowl a ball still haunts me. The swannies were noble in defeat, and the storm were robbed.

But I digress. The main reason for this post was to reassure the voting public that this presidential bid is not one that is taken lightly or ill conceived. It has been years in the planning and stems from an honest belief that I could do a better job, with better policies. I have the requisite left wing, philanthropic first-lady; a collection of wise and trustworthy advisors that form an unbreakable inner circle; an unwavering belief that I am right and a willingess to benignly govern. Frankly, my only concern is that I've arrived too late.

No comments: