Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Equal Rights

A close friend of the Administration sent me a link this morning to a petition urging the government to amend the law to give same sex couples the same legal rights as de facto heterosexual couples. It’s at times like these that I’m glad I have access to such an expansive readership. I urge you all to give your support to this cause by clicking on the link above and registering.

For the record, I think that gaining the same legal rights as heterosexual couples is a fantastic start – but that much more needs to be done. The view of this President is that the discrimination we see in Australia and throughout the world against homosexuals is akin to the treatment of black people in decades past. We need to strive for a day where the question of sexuality is not even asked. The happy marriage of a gay or lesbian couple, poses no risk to your own straight happy marriage – I promise.

Take this opportunity to record your opposition to this discrimination and cross off the days until my Administration comes to power and ends this tyranny once and for all.

No comments: