Thursday, March 13, 2008

Beware the Censored Wiki


Friends of the administration. Something terrible has come to my attention recently and I would be failing my duty of care to the public as Chief of Staff in the administration were I not to warn you all of the danger I've discovered. By now you would have noticed as you perused the Colbert '08 Memorial Notice Boards that Wikipedia has been placed On Notice. You see it seems this glorious collaborative wealth of knowledge is scarcely more than a sham. It is not, as I had believed in good faith, the source of all things factual. Evidently a team of Linux using, World of Warcraft playing, darkened room 'moderators' are censoring the 'encyclopedia' continuously, pushing their own agendas and turning the knife in the back of free speech with every keystroke.

Those of you who have been astute enough to source some information from sources other than Wikipedia will probably think I'm writing in response to the Donations-for-Edits scandal that has seen Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales' reputation shattered in recent weeks. Maybe you think I've got my back up in response to the donations rorting allegations made against the same St. Jimmy. Appalling as all of this is, and as much as I felt my trust in Wikipedia was betrayed, it is not a patch on the anger I can only imagine a loyal Australia's First President reader must have felt after a Wiki 'moderator' censored his or her informative edit to the Republicanism in Australia page recently.

This member of the AFP family noticed the aforementioned page failed to refer to the parallel Republic of Australia that has existed since our President took power way back in September 2006 - a significant omission. He/She dutifully edited the Wiki to make note of our great administration, in what can only be described as an unbiased, informative and most importantly factual paragraph. No sooner could this person take a screenshot of the page to forward to the AFP web team for archiving purposes, was the public's right to that knowledge violated by one of Wikipedia's army of censors.

Judge it for yourself, you can find the uncensored version of the page here, thankfully it was salvaged from amongst the thousands of emails Mr. President receives every day from the faithful. On behalf of the administration I'd like to sincerely thank the soldier of the truth who tried in vain to enlighten the world, whoever you may be. One day soon free speech will again be protected under the watchful eye of the Republic, in the meantime I implore you all to boycott Wikipedia, starve them of their ability to misappropriate funds, and to mislead the world. The truth is counting on you.

No comments: