Friday, February 08, 2008

347 Days and Counting

On January 20, 2009 at 12 noon – we all get a new President of the USA. At this stage it might be Barrack, or McCain (or God forbid, Hillary), but one thing is certain – George Walker Bush will be out on his ass. Whether you prefer to call him Dubya, Spurious George or The Commander Guy ("My position is clear - I'm the commander guy."), come 20.01.09, the 43rd President will thankfully be consigned to the history books.

For many of us, that day can’t come soon enough. The worst US President since Nixon (and maybe one of the worst of all time) has mired his nation in war and run it's powerful economy into the ground. Some blame his fierce ideological convictions (conservatives point to this as a strength), while the more obvious conclusion is that he’s just a stupid man. The kind of stupid that makes those around him dumber. The kind of stupid that gives you a headache thinking about it. His gaffes and outright fuck ups are so numerous that it’s becoming difficult for comedians to keep up the piss-taking pace.

In commemoration of Bush’s mind boggling stupidity, I give you a short clip of Will Ferrell doing Bush. It would be even funnier, if it wasn’t so accurate. Whenever I’m feeling blue (You’re my boy Blue), I watch it and I feel better. I am also adding an Inauguration Day count down clock - so you can play along at home. Only 347 days and counting.

No comments: